FAIL 7TH PAINTING!
- Still working on this one and it’s the most frustrating thing ever!
This the first painting I’ve done that’s based on an illustration.
The details weren’t really much of a problem. IT’S THE FACE THAT’S A PROBLEM! I can’t get his face right. Maybe it’s my lack of patience or the fact that I don’t have a brush thin enough. I’ll continue it later…
I wanted to do some sort of figurative painting and i really liked this one so I decided to paint it using acrylic paint. My first mistake was right in the beginning when I forgot to sketch the figure first.
I sort of began to just paint the background and was all over the place. I noticed I’m really messy at painting because I just like doing it too see the final product- (still haven’t learned patience i guess.) I need an easel ASAP but they’re kinda pricey- so I’ll wait.
- After painting the background fully red, I started to paint the figure’s legs and hair and went from there.
- If i made a mistake, that’s when acrylic comes handy and I could just let it dry and paint over it.
I liked this painting because I’ve been wanting to do a figurative one and it was fun to do. I noticed a lot of paintings DEPEND ON YOUR PERSPECTIVE. - the shading (what you paint light and what you should paint dark)
This really makes me want to do a realistic face portrait!
It was recently my brother’s birthday and he had hinted that he wanted a Bob Marley painting. I know drawing, nonetheless, PAINTING portraits are something I’m NOT skilled at but I gave it a try to paint something in a week’s time. I think what was most difficult for me was definitely the face and getting the right color/shading. His cheekbones and jaw were a challenge to do.
- I sketched Bob’s face from another painted image I saw online- no name of who painted it.
- after sketching, i had doubts if I should continue because it looked nothing like him. I wasn’t too confident when beginning the process.
- I watched some youtube tutorials and learned that I should start at the face, particularly, the eyes first- and so I did.
- It was KIND OF starting to come together, and i was excited to do his hair because it would be more obvious it was bob marley
- during the week, i kept making adjustments to his face to get the right look (shading/cheekbones/perspective)
- my last part of the painting was doing the details of his jacket- I used many shades of green to get the right angle.
This was a fun portrait to paint for my first time. I don’t get excited at the idea of doing portraits because it takes me a long time aka patience.. but the outcome was all worth it and my brother loved it :)!
This is the technique I used for almost the whole painting
I decided to challenge myself and do a abstract detailed oil painting. It was influenced by a painting called “Secret Garden” by B. Sasik. I like the final result of it because of all the colors. I used a dotting technique (posting a video later) and it was fun! I used a small dotting brush and a flat brush. It was fun to use all my colors and everyone liked the outcome! It’s my favorite painting so far and it looks like I’m progressing.
Recent painting I did from using a picture. I used a lot of bright colors and purples and blues. I’ve noticed landscapes are sort of what I paint to be safe but this one has a lot of detail in the plants and the road. I want to focus more on being more detailed.
My completed second oil painting. It took an estimated 2 hours to do as I followed the outline from the youtube video i just posted. I followed the perspective by going from light to dark up close.
The first picture is the outline i drew in pencil to get an idea, then as i started painting, i blended it to fade. I also focused on one color which was purple.. I mixed red and blue to get the color since I didn’t have purple and mixed it white to get it light.
First oil painting I did this week by learning and following the steps from the first lesson on painting video- which is on my first post.
I used techniques to paint the sky- using a big flat brush and doing a criss cross technique. The cloud didn’t come out as I would’ve liked because it kind of looks like a weird moon. But besides that, I think I did an OK job! On to the second painting…..!